Finding my car tyres deflated and having to pump my portable swimming pool manually were problems I eventually got fed up with. 🙁 I also had this future project of painting my house, but I was pulled back by the thought of, how much time would it take me to finish it?
I even consulted a professional to paint it, but the price was going too far from my budget. However, a friend who works in mechanics and carpentry revealed to me the secret of this equipment.
Yes, there are pain issues while choosing an air compressor: Do I need to buy a huge one? Is it pricey? What about its maintenance? How do I know which is the right air compressor for me? Which designs will provide more comfort? Are they heavy to carry?
Table of Contents
All these can waver you, but believe me, the outlook is totally the opposite. Air compressors are powered tools that generate and deal with pressurized air. A wise investment that made my work easygoing. Repairing cars will be at the next level and entertaining.
Apart from spray painting, I could even use pneumatic tools like stapling guns, drills and many more. There are different types of air compressors depending on how much and its usage. Whether an air compressor is complex or not is really a matter of how you put forth your attitude. You don’t have to be an expert to deal with it.
Of course, I had to get familiar with the following four units to have a better understanding before knowing which air compressor was best for me. Once you know them too, you will press the ‘Agree’ button.
- HP – Horsepower is the full word. This measures the power of the items found within a compressor like the motor. The greater the HP of a motor, the bigger is the PSI of a compressor.
- PSI – This stands for Pounds Per Square Inch and indicates the air pressure delivered by the compressor.
- CFM – Cubic Feet Per Minute indicates the quantity of air a compressor gives. The PSI influences the CFM. There are air types of equipment which deal with a particular amount of pressure and volume to work correctly. For instance, if a tool requires 2 CFM, then purchase a compressor of 3.5 CFM. It is always advisable to acquire a compressor with an extra CFM just to maintain the guard.
- SCFM – This stands for Standard Cubic Feet Per Minute. It is more complete to CFM as it adds environmental temperature, humidity and pressure giving a more precise result in terms of dealing with regular conditions.
I could easily cut-off expenses; save money, time and receive higher comfort when dealing with heavy tools. Hence, I will guide you and make sure you have a thrilling journey in purchasing your air compressor.
Top 10 Home Garage Air Compressors UK
DEWALT is a manufacturer specialized in tools and accessories. Originated in 1924 and whether hand or powered, it has distributed its products all over the world for industries dealing with construction and woods. Its products are usually of yellow and black in colour which symbolises the safeness of its tools. Such is this DWFP55130 air compressor.
- It has a tank which is 2.5 gallons and fills air up to 200 PSI.
- The amount of air delivered is 3.0 with a pressure of 90 PSI pump.
- 5 decibels hence not much noise produced.
- The motor is 12 amperes which allow the compressor to start easily and there are lower chances for the circuit to break.
- It weighs 36 pounds and is of 12.5 inches.
- No oil needed to increase the compressor’s maintenance.
California Air Tools has continuous dealing with air compressors. It makes sure that their products are modern and creative allowing the users to experience an enjoyable working life. They present their products with helpful features that result in giving away a great execution. Such is this CAT-AUX05A model.
- The tank can hold up to 5 gallons and is made of aluminium.
- It has a pressure deliverance of 125 PSI.
- It includes an air hose with tyre chuck.
- It weighs 10.01 pounds.
- It has a quick standard connector of a quarter-inch which is simple to use.
- Designed to inflate tyres and for spray painting.
Stanley is a brand engaged in producing modern and reliable products which are manual and motorised. It was founded in 1843 and over all these years it has concentrated in offering outstanding performance. It aims to increase the hidden potentials within its customers. This air compressor has a dimension of 43.6 x 37 x 37 cm.
- A power of 750W.
- A pressure deliverance of 116 PSI.
- The tank holds an amount of 6 litres.
- Enhanced noise-level reduction as it reaches 59 decibels.
- Resistant materials applied.
- Reduced level of oil for maintenance.
- Steady grip due to its rubber feet.
- It weighs 37.92 pounds.
Timbertech is a brand which fights away typicality. They tend to bring alive customer fantasies and create effortless products. The model LS-186S has a dimension of 41 x 32 x 23 cm and is specific for all those spray paint lovers. Highly recommended for non-permanent tattooing, nail and cake art, painting crafts…what more you can ask for? It is affordable too.
- A fan is inserted to give away the heat hence cooling the compressor down.
- The air tank can be filled up to 3 litres.
- The noise is low for it reaches to 50 decibels.
- Automatized starting and stopping.
- It a has protector built-in case of over-heating.
- It weighs 12.48 pounds.
- It has one-sixth of horsepower.
- Firmness is steady as it has rubber feet.
Kitgarn works with sophisticated and fascinating designs that please the customer’s eyes. A variety of home products have successfully hit the quality bar. The air compressors are not left behind. Such is this oil-free one with a decent score of being the best sold.
- The tank’s capacity is of 2 gallons.
- Ultra-quiet for its noise measures 48 decibels.
- 75 horsepower which means that the motor is highly efficient.
- It has a rubber leg which makes it easy to transport.
- It has a fan which fights against the heat and the valve is a solenoid which means that there is a control in the flow of electricity.
- It is of multiple-use: dentistry, air guns, floor cleaning, inflating tyres, homely fixing and painting metals.
GSPSCN is a brand specialized in air compressors and air gadgets. It works by understanding customer needs and tries to add in as many features as possible in one single product so that the user can make the most out of it. Whether outside the house or inside, GSPSCN makes your mechanical journey a splendid one and is ideal to gift too. The dual cylinder air compressor has a dimension of 30.99 x 22.86 x 14.99 cm.
- It counts with a double cylinder air compressor which allows inflating your tyres within 2 minutes.
- Enhanced equipment as it serves for inflating tyres of different vehicles and other products such as toys and swimming inflatables. Brings 3 nozzles along with it to pump air in them.
- Air pressure deliverance of 150 PSI.
- It weighs 7.21 pounds.
- LED Light has been incorporated.
- Cleverly designed. Metal applied for the body production and underneath it has a rubber mat which drives away any sort of vibration.
- The air hose is made out of rubber which will not deteriorate in appearance. It comes with a highlight which consists of having a firm metallic nozzle acting like a holdfast off the hook of the tyre valve stem.
- Its packaging is very complete including a carrier bag, battery clamps, an extensive coil air hose and an extra fuse.
Sfeomi manufactures a wide range of products. They can go from night lamps to office equipment, sewing machines and many more. It concentrates in producing goods with high-quality materials and gifts the user a rewarding experience when using them in their day-to-day life. Such is its electric air compressor with a dimension of 36.83 x 18.54 x 35.05 cm.
- It has a pressure deliverance of 4500 PSI.
- The tank holds a maximum of 6.8 litres.
- It has a pressure regulator that you can adjust as per required allowing the compressor to do the work for you.
- Automated stop function.
- The versatility it holds makes it even more attractive. Used for paintball, gas containers, airguns serves as a detector for gas escape and examines air features like the pressure binding and grounds.
- It is oil-based.
- The design gives firm stability as it has two apparatus which separate water and oil as well as a contraction which works in two steps.
- The cooling method consists of chilled water which is highly effective to head off damage in terms of excessive heat.
- Stainless steel is the material applied.
Founded in 1964, Einhell is a German manufacturer which produces crafting goods, power items, gardening electrical tools, and tools to simply relax. Einhell serves users all around the globe with goods that are modern, vast in usage, and beating the levels in quality and monetary values. The Einhell Compressor model number 4007325 has a dimension of 57.8 x 26 x 57.2 cm.
- The tank fills up to 24 litres.
- It weighs 45.81 pounds.
- Ongoing power of 1100 watts with a pressure deliverance of 116 PSI.
- The oil used to guarantee a longer life-span of the compressor.
- Enhanced safeness by using two types of valves. The preventative valve is one and the other one is a check valve which ensures that the gas flows in a single direction.
- It comes with a drain plug to eliminate any possible condensation in the tank with ease.
- Increased pressure controls by using the reducer and panel control which indicates the pressure level.
- It comes with a foot which consists in avoiding any vibration touching the floor and decreases the level of noise emitted.
- The tank possesses a 10-year warranty against corrosion.
Hyundai aims in producing goods that gift their customer’s total freedom of motion. A visionary brand that looks forward to having unpolluted energy for the betterment of the environment and increasing their relationship with humanity at a magnifying level. The HY3150S compressor is one of a kind.
- The tank possesses the capacity to be filled till 150 litres.
- The noise produced measures 75 decibels.
- It is made of alloy steel.
- The horsepower is of 3HP.
- It weighs 257.94 pounds.
- Pressure deliverance of 145 PSI with a 14 CFM drive pump.
- Regulating pressure is available and possesses 2 identical quick release connectors allowing 2 tools to connect simultaneously.
- Perfect for a mechanic’s workshop but also for your home garage if you have a huge one.
- Useful for air-powered tools, spray painting and inflating tyres.
- 2 controlled pressure indicators.
- 4 rubberised feet.
- The pump comes filled with oil so the user can utilise it fairly quickly after purchase.
- Inbuilt safety valve and automated pressure cut enhance the safeness for the user.
The Wolf brand works with producing goods that define uniqueness. It takes care of the minimum details offering the customer a grand experience when utilising the product. The blue Wolf Dakota Air Compressor fits well in the description above.
- It has a Horsepower of 3HP.
- It weighs 152.11 pounds.
- Cylinder pumps made with cast iron.
- The motor of 2200 Watts.
- It has wheels underneath to provide easygoing motion.
- A comfortable handle for you to take your compressor as per your wish.
- Multiple usages such as spray painting, air tools, serve the icing in your car’s body and much more.
- Air pressure deliverance of 150 PSI with an air quantity of 14 CFM.
- The tank holds a maximum of 90 litres of air.
- You can use it frequently in a home garage or workshop too.
- Two types of valves included: safety and drain.
All brands possess similar features and differences. Dewalt, California Air Tools and Stanley have simple output designs. Kitgarn and Wolf do the contrary. Designing is one of their strong points which make the product more appealing. Sfeomi, GSPSCN and Timbertech are very intricate in their approach and are conscious about the features they offer. Hyundai and Einhell differ in pricing but, both engage in producing premium quality compressors enabling a closer feel between the customer and the brand.
Home Garage Air Compressors UK Product Guide
You can be moved by a few uncertainties and feel refrained into buying one of these amazing pieces of equipment. However, no need to panic. These following questions and answers will enable you to bravely take the last steps towards your ideal air compressor.
Which compressors work better? Oil-based or oil-free ones?
Compressors dealing with oil need constant oil greasing to maximise the efficiency of the compressor and increase the longevity of the compressor itself. Whereas the oil-free ones need no manual greasing as they are already fabricated with Teflon which serves as a lubricator. Compressors that require oil last longer as the Teflon doesn’t last forever. However, it can be fairly troublesome while cleaning them as they tend to be complicated to do so. So here, it all depends on the utility you are going to give to your compressor. If it is a constant use then definitely go for the oil-based. Don’t be put off during the clean-up process. Believe me, you will love to take great care of it!
How do I know which is the appropriate compressor for me?
We have to take into account the size and strength of the compressor to determine this. This brings in a third factor: the power. Compared to the industrial ones, compressors for the home garage have no win overs but, forgetting about the industrialized compressors, we have seen that there are powerful compressors for domestic use. In terms of the CFM, it should range between 9 and 14 CFM. The 9 is the minimum for light-powered items whereas the 14 is meant for strong powered items.
When we are referring to pressure then it would ideal to have a compressor with a minimum PSI of 90. The tank’s capacity matters too. If you intend to utilize items which require a huge volume of air and prolonged hours, then it is worth viewing one with the capacity of a large hold.
Should the air remain in the compressor after usage?
You might ponder, why should I empty my compressor if I will use it again the next day? It will save me up some extra time? No, I am afraid it won’t. It is always important and advisable to remove any pressurised air remaining in the compressor. Your tank will thank you for this. In this way, it will be devoid of any water gathering thus preventing corrosion and maximising its strength.
I have noticed that there are two-staged compressors as well as single staged ones? Which one gets the gold medal?
Two-staged air compressors win the gold medal. They are proven to be more efficient, fight off temperatures issues and give away more quantity of air enabling such compressors suitable for long and ongoing tasks. However, they can be more price elevated but the advantages mentioned make the expenditure worthwhile.
GSPSCN is the cheapest of all. It is compact sized and holds a great working speed due to its double cylinders. It is versatile indeed so it is an air compressor ideal for the whole family. I can even have fun while using it in the dark due to its LED light!
The Best Choice
Timbertech is certainly the one. I am aware that it specializes in art purposes but, if its a first-time purchase, this one will grant you a full-on experience with a compressor in a creative and enjoying manner. You will quickly get acquainted of how an air compressor actually works.
The Prime Choice
Einhell compressor has mesmerised me. Reasonable pricing and its positive notes really weigh. Very powerful and large capacity provided by the tank. Filled with advanced features and simple to operate allows me to break through the fears of how to use an air compressor. If I can do it, so can you.
So, for all those DIY-ers out there, whether for leisure or professional motives, no second thoughts and head straight away for your air compressor and make your life much more exciting!