Ask any carpenter or craftsman who is good at their job to display the contents of their toolkit. Indeed, you would find at least one circular saw, as, without it, they would not be able to manage any of their chores. But thanks to the advancement of technology, the access of circular saws are not only restricted to carpenters and electricians, but even commoners are willing to familiarize themselves with it to DIY small home jobs.
Not all saws work the same way to offer the users safety, so you might need to ponder a bit before impulsively buying a random handsaw. A couple of years back, I also had the same opinion, and my impulses led to me to a handsaw, and I had no one but to blame myself for it. Once I started using it, I found that most of the cuts’ accuracy is below standards and doesn’t come anywhere near professional results. It is also super hard to use and requires a lot of effort to make specific cuts like rip cuts and crosscuts.
So one fine day, my friend suggested me to purchase a circular saw, and after getting it home, I was astonished by its robust build quality. When I started to use it on woodworks, I was impressed with it, and I never looked back to handsaws ever again. Since there are over a hundred circular saws you would get in the UK, it is essential to filter out countless others’ effective ones. So to help you out, I have reviewed ten circular saws, which will provide you accurate results and will also be easy on your pocket:
Top 10 Budget Circular Saw UK
The circular saw by Makita is cordless and lightweight, and it will make your woodworking hours pleasant. Do you know that this model’s small but robust engine can produce up to 5200 RPM even in no-load mode? This circular saw offers bevel capacities of 90 degrees, 50 degrees, and 45 degrees with cutting depths of 57 mm, 37 mm, and 41 mm, respectively. A brushless engine is equipped inside the circular saw, and thus it delivers top-class performance besides offering more longevity than brushed engines. If you had ever delved into woodworking, you might have become distracted with sawdust. Well, to help you concentrate on your work entirely, there is an exhaust port on the rear of the device to blow all the sawdust away. To reduce all the hassles of cleaning post woodwork, you can also connect your vacuum cleaner to the nozzle.
- It comes with a carrying case that is big enough to store the cord and the nozzle, besides the circular saw.
- Soft grip handles of the device reduce the pressure on your arms resulted from cutting the wood.
- To make your handiwork more visible, the 38 mm nozzle filters out all the sawdust.
- The circular chain saw produces a noise of 87 DB, which is lesser than other circular saws.
- The device looks stylish, and the base plate and safety cover is made with aluminium to guarantee a longer life.
- It is super easy to use the flat motor house for stability purposes if you are changing the blades.
- The device also facilitates a single-action lever function so to let you make adjustments while cutting various depths.
If you have been looking for a tool that will help you to cut intricately for longer hours without breaking a sweat, then you can check this out. The built of the device is robust, and the upper guard is made off magnesium so that you can carry it when required. The powerful 1350W motor can produce up to 5500 RPM effortlessly. The tool allows you to cut depths up to 184mm. It is suitable for professional uses and light wood cutting. A scale is attached to this saw to help you measure wood depths up to 65 mm while cutting it. You will be getting two bevel modes, 90 degrees allowing a depth of 64 mm and 45 degrees, letting you cut as deep as 49 mm.
- Robust 1350V motor can deliver about 5500 RPMS effectively.
- A sturdy and compact carry case is included in the package, and you can store other tools in it.
- The tool is lightweight, compact, but the frame is robust.
- A measuring scale is attached to the tool to help you measure depths up to 65 mm.
- The block construction is relatively stable, and as a result, low vibration is generated while cutting.
- Dust exhaustion port filters out all the sawdust and debris resulting from wood chopping.
- Easily adjustable base plates allow users to switch between the two bevel modes.
So if you are looking for a multi-purpose cutter or saw, you might find this product suitable for your needs because you can use this circular saw to cut pieces of plastic, steel, and aluminum, apart from wood. Most of the credit goes to the robust Japanese tungsten carbide tipped attached to the tool as with the help of it, all the cuts end up looking professional. The tool allows you to set angles anywhere between 0 and 60 degrees to cut depths anywhere between 0 to 64 mm to provide more control to the users. To make the cutting process even more user-friendly, the tool enables you to change the cutting angles just using a locker lever. The device is designed to last for longer durations, and you can find glimpses of it even in its components. The best part is that you can grab this powerful and efficient circular saw at a pocket-friendly price.
- The powerful hi-torque motor of 1600 V can accurately cut screws and plastic without any heat.
- No sparks are resulted even while cutting mild steel pieces.
- The grip handles are soft but offer maximum control to the user to enhance their woodworks’ precision.
- A blower and a sawdust exhaustion port are attached to the device to flush out the dust and enhance the visibility of the cutting line.
- The electric brake acts in the blink of an eye to stop the device when pressed.
- To assist users with straight-line cutting, a parallel edge guide is provided.
- The base indicators powered by channelled airflow will enable you to greater visibility.
According to this corded circular saw makers, this particular tool has been designed to perform many tasks, even the most complicated and demanding ones. It promises to deliver up to 5500 RPM even in no-load output, and it does so by allowing you to cut flawlessly and effortlessly. The tool offers a raw power output of 1400 watts and is thus suitable for cutting heavy-duty materials. The bevel’s capacity is recorded to be around 56 degrees, and you can cut depths of 70 mm if you place the tool horizontally, and if you position it at a 45-degree angle, you can cut depths up to 50mm. This tool has also got the highest motor power, and thus, it allows you to cut both soft and rigid varieties of wood using minimal efforts.
- A pendulum guard made of aluminum is inbuilt in the saw to prevent it from corrosion.
- The wood chip deflector allows you to view your workplace to proceed further.
- The handles are ergonomic and allow the user to gain control of the tool.
- To keep the cutting line dust-free, there is a turbo blower inbuilt in the circular saw.
- To extract all the dust, there is an option of connecting the blower nozzle with a vacuum cleaner.
- You can use a blade of a maximum diameter of 190 mm, and it would be sufficient for heavy-duty tasks as well.
- The cuts are smooth and accurate, regardless of the setting you use.
If you are not willing to spend much on a circular saw at this point, then this circular saw by Black Decker might also cater to your needs. The circular saw is corded, and it is best suited for DIY enthusiasts, so if you are keen to complete some of your household work in a fun way, you can check out this product. Although the product targets DIY enthusiasts, it is not an amateur circular saw, but it is a massive and bulky circular saw that would assist you in heavy-duty jobs. Although the circular is heavyweight, it is easy to control it and use it according to your needs. The tool is equipped with a powerful 1250 W motor, which produces about 5300 RPMS even in the no-load mode and facilitates easy and accurate cutting of wood and other materials. You can accomplish cross cuts, rip cuts, and significant bevel cutting tasks as well. Perfect for cutting plywood.
- A 190 mm tungsten carbide tipped blade is fitted inside the tool to cut any materials smoothly.
- You would be able to use the maximum cutting depth of 50 mm if you position the tool at an angle of 45 degrees.
- The maximum cutting capacity of this saw is 66mm, and for this, you will have to place the tool at 90 degrees.
- Availability of onboard laser to enhance the accuracy of your cutting tasks.
- Rise, and depth setting feature is also available to enable efficient cutting performance.
- The dust exhaustion port inbuilt in the tool will keep your workplace tidy by sweeping away all the sawdust.
- There is a 2 step safety button feature to prevent the tool from accidentally starting.
Workx is famous worldwide for designing compact circular saws with smaller blades and thus, if you want to start with a compact saw, check out this review. Since the saw is comparatively smaller than the other options featured in this list, it requires lesser power to get into action. It is classified as a mini circular saw as it weighs only 1.9 kilograms, and thus you can use it to perform DIY tasks. Even though it is a mini saw, it can do all the tasks a circular saw of a standard size can per Bart from smoothly cutting down wood, it can even slice off other materials like tiles and stone. To effectively cut down all sorts of materials, three types of blades are provided with this circular saw. Perfect circular saw blade for hardwood, laminate and doors.
- You can quickly adjust the cutting depth up to 27 mm according to the task you are doing.
- A powerful motor of 400W helps the tool to deliver high performance while doing complex woodworks.
- The tool can cut through other materials like stone, ceramic, tiles, brick, etc. apart from wood.
- The non-load stroke rate of the tool is around 3600 rotations per minute.
- Users can execute their tasks at a lightning-fast rate even while holding the tool with one hand.
- The maximum blade diameter supported in this circular saw is 85 mm.
- There is a vacuum adaptor embedded into the circular saw to help you keep your workplace clean.
Not all reliable tools are expensive, and this circular saw by Tacklife is the ultimate proof of it. Yes, you can get this tool with a 1500 W motor driving up to 4700 RPM at a budget-friendly range. The saw features a powerful blade which can glide through metal, plastic, tiles as well besides word, effortlessly. To help you acquire the desired outcome of the projects, you can adjust the bevel level and the blade depth lever. To ensure that you ace straight cuts on every task, a built-in laser guide is provided along with the device. Furthermore, two additional blades are provided along with the tool so that you can cut other materials as well. You would also come across a pair of ergonomic handles which will offer you a decent grip while you are at a task.
- 1500W motor made of pure copper can deliver up to 4700 RPM.
- 185mm blades come with the package, and you can easily change it with a wench.
- There are two cutting angles, 90 degrees, and 45 degrees, to adjust before starting the process.
- A guide ruler attached to the tool ensures that your cutting line is smooth and straight.
- A double safety switch facility is provided to ensure that the tool doesn’t start when not needed.
- There is an aluminium safety cover, and it enhances the longevity of the tool.
- A dust hose connector is present in the tool, which can be attached to the vacuum cleaner.
Although Hychika might not be an age-old brand, nonetheless to say, it manufactures reliable and high-performance tools. The circular saw does not only enable you to cut down soft and hardwoods but with it, you can also slice off metals, ceramic, etc. Accordingly, you can change the saw’s speed based on the density of the material you are willing to cut. To facilitate effective cutting of all the materials, six blades in total, 2 for cutting all variants of woods and others for brick, tiles, and plasterboard. Another best part is that the circular saw is compact and lightweight, and therefore you can use it as per your will. You can use the tilt feature to rotate the tool up to 45 degrees and make smoother and accurate cuts. Although it is a budget-friendly saw, it delivers a decent performance and also offers safety features. Perfect circular saw blade for metal and ceramics.
- The 750W powerful motor made of pure copper can rotate up to 3500 times in a minute.
- The circular saw can cater to multifunctional cutting purposes.
- You can adjust the bevel cutting angle of this mini saw between o degree and 45 degrees.
- The maximum cutting depth you can get from this saw is 48 mm, and for this, you will have to set it at a 90-degree angle.
- You can find a scale ruler attached to the device so to help you make precise cuts.
- There is an in-built laser guide to help you make straighter cuts consistently.
- The handles are made with non-slip technology so to provide you ultimate control.
As the name suggests, if you are a DIY enthusiast and have specific hobby plans in your mind, which requires slicing down hard materials like hardwood, laminate and metal, you can check it out. The device runs with the help of a mighty 1200 W motor and is considered suitable for cutting metals. Furthermore, the device also guarantees you a depth cutting of a maximum of 45 mm. If you want your workplace spotless, you would love this tool as its dust extraction port sweeps away all the metal scraps and sawdust. Nonetheless, it is also pocket friendly, and the tool is corded and robust.
- A ruler is provided so to help you make more accurate cuts.
- The saw is protected with a metal base and guards so to offer you durability and longevity.
- You can change the blade quickly with the 2-spanner provided with the package.
- A parallel fence also comes with the circular saw.
- A powerful motor of 1200 W can slice metals
- The handles are soft and offer a firm grip to the users.
- You can cut depths up to 65 mm at 90 degrees and 46mm at a 45-degree angle.
The circular saw of Ryobi is from its popular One+ range, and it caters to the needs of both professionals and DIYers. Although this circular saw comprises robust and sturdy components, it is still lightweight and compact. There is a 165 mm high-quality carbide-tipped blade, which shows astonishing performance. This saw is also displaying impressive performance in making smoother and longer cuts in plastic and timber. You can use it to trim your windows, doors, kitchen tops, etc. without asking for any professional help.
- If you place the tool at 90 degrees, you will be able to cut at a depth of 52mm, and if you angle it at 45 degrees, you can achieve a cut depth of 36 mm.
- You can use the bevel adjustments to set up the compact circular saw quickly.
- You can slice of 13 mm plywood sheets up to 110 m.
- This saw is compatible with all the accessories, batteries, and chargers of the 18V ONE+ system.
- The 24 carbide-tipped teeth allow you to glide through most materials smoothly.
- You can use the rotatable dust port to filter out all the sawdust in your working line.
- There is also an option of connecting the dust port to a vacuum cleaner.
Buying Guide for Budget Circular Saw UK
To get all your doubts cleared, we have answered some of the most common questions of buyers regarding the best budget circular saw in the UK.
How to replace the blades in the circular saw?
Most of the circular saws reviewed in the list already come with blades. In case it breaks or damages with prolonged usage, you can replace it. You can find a wench in the saw package, and by using it, you can change the blade with ease.
Can you use a bigger blade with a circular saw?
If you want to use a bigger blade, make sure the size falls within the blade size’s permissible limit. However, it is not a good idea to use a much bigger blade as your circular saw motor cannot get the blade into action.
What are the necessary safety features needed in a circular saw?
The most basic requirements are the 2-button start feature and the electric brake. The former prevents the saw’s unintentional start, and the latter halts the operation of the saw when pressed.
How to cut in a straight line with a circular saw?
There are some cutting guides embedded in the circular saw to cut in perfectly straight lines, like an adjustable guide and laser guide.
What does the RPM of a circular saw refer to?
Revolutions per minute or RPM tells how fast the blade of a circular saw runs. If you need to cut more rigid materials and a professional finish, you only need a circular saw with high RPM.
If all these wonderful choices are overwhelming you, then here are some of my recommendations to help you choose your pick.
Best choice- Makita HS7601J 190 mm Circular Saw
Expensive- DeWalt 240V 184mm 65mm Compact Circular Saw
Value for money- Evolution Power Tools R185CCS Multi-Material Circular Saw
Make sure to match your needs with the offerings and features of the circular saw before heading out for shopping!